Data EngineerLondon, UK
We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team, working across a range of commercial and political projects.
Key Duties Include:
- Working in team to build a robust suite of libraries for our ETL pipeline and data export.
- Extracting, analyzing and cleaning data from a variety of sources and integrating it into our core database.
- Building and executing batch jobs on our custom-built computing cluster.
- Adapting algorithms developed by our data scientists to operate in a distributed computing environment.
- Contributing to building visualisations to communicate the results of our models to external clients.
Desired skills and experience:
- Capability to work with Linux shell scripts and commandline server environments.
- Familiarity with relational and/or no SQL Databases.
- The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Direct experience with any of the following technologies: Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Bit bucket, Bamboo), Scala, ScalaTest, Intellij, SBT, Git, MySql, Ubuntu, MongoDB, GitLab, AWS.
- Scripting with Python including familarity with the Pandas library.
- At least 2 years experience with object-oriented programming language running on the JVM. Scala is preferred but others acceptable providing you have a willingness to learn Scala.
- Experience of software engineering practices such as use of version control systems, unit testing, continuous integration and design patterns.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV email@example.com